19 October 2014

Stampendous Santa!

Happy Sunday!

Wanted to share a quick card I made last weekend at my scrapbook retreat...it's a stamp set from Stampendous and this Santa is just so stinkin' cute!  :)  I am using a watercolor technique with distress inks to color him in. 


I started out by stamping the Santa in black pigment ink, then clear embossing to give it a shine.  

The colors of distress inks I used on this card are:

Salty Ocean
Tattered Rose
Festive Berries
Mowed Lawn
Gathered Twigs
Black Soot

and for the white I used Avery Elle white ink.


I just used regular cardstock for this, although watercolor paper would have worked better, but I didn't have any with me at the retreat.  But it still looks very nice.  


I mounted him on black cardstock and adhered with foam adhesive.  Using a scrap of Christmas patterned paper, I adhered all of it to a red notecard.  


On the inside I stamped the sentiment in black pigmnent ink and clear embossed.  



This card did take some time to complete, because of all the coloring, but it was worth it because he is just so cute.  :) 

I'll be back tomorrow with another card and video, so please subscribe to my 

YouTube channel so you don't miss anything! 

Happy Sunday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment