31 January 2015

Stampin Up Sale-a-bration card and video

Hello!

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Hope life is treating everyone well and it's a nice day where you are!  It's sunny here, but cold!  only about 25.  When's spring??

So today I got some new goodies from my Stampin Up rep. I had used the last of my Christmas bonus at work to buy them, so I was so excited when she dropped them off today!!  I have a video here of everything I bought, plus a tip on getting the stamps to stick on the acrylic block once the stickers are on.  they never stick for me!! 



I decided to use the 'Big Day' set (which was one of my freebies!) to make a quick birthday card this morning. I colored the cake and the word birthday with distress markers.  I scribbled the color onto an acrylic block, then picked up the color with a waterbrush and colored.  I probably should have used watercolor paper, but didn't think about it until I was already into it.  


The patterned paper is also Stampin Up, it is double sided and I just love the patterns!!

Here's a close up of the cake. I used stickles on the candles, then covered the cake itself with glossy accents to make it shine.


I mounted the cake and the sentiment with foam tape and inked the edges in black. I really like how this card turned out!



As always, thanks for visiting and be sure to follow me to stay updated on all my newest creations! :)

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that pack of DSP! Have fun with your new toys!

    ReplyDelete