21 December 2014

Penny Black Snowman

Hello!  

I just realized it has been about 6 days since my last blog post....yikes!  But I've been busy getting ready for Christmas, and now I think I'm ready.  :)  

Today's card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where we are to be inspired by winter and showcasing Penny Black products.   I just love this cute snowman from Penny Black, and he was fun to color!  I also die cut out the image and a backing with 2 sizes of a Sizzix regal die.


The background I used a Hero Arts stamp and versamark ink. 

Here's a closeup of the snowman:


I added some glossy accents to his pom pom and trim on the hat.  

Finally, I should have stamped the sentiment and embossed with white, but I had an accident with my white embossing powder.   I DROPPED IT AND IT SPILLED.  Disaster!!  LOL  So I had to vaccuum it up and I'll buy new.  An excuse to go shopping, right??  So here's what I did instead:


We all make mistakes, right??  LOL

Thanks for visiting and be sure to follow me for more card ideas in the new year!  :)


2 comments:

  1. What a darling image, Kathryn! I love your coloring and details! GREAT use of the dies and twines! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Winter Inspiration” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful design with this precious snowman, Kathryn!! Sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete