09 November 2014

Embossed Ornament Card

Hello!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!  

Today's card is for an entry in the 


which is to use an ornament on a card.  It's using a Hero Arts Ornament set and I was playing around with using embossing powders in different areas of the image.  I wanted the hanger of the ornament gold and the rest red, so I masked it off when embossing the red, then stamped it again and did the gold.  I like how it turned out.  


 I wanted the rest of the card to be pretty simple, so I embossed the sentiment in gold, than cut out the white using a rectangle stitched die from My Favorite things.  Then I mounted everything on the dark green cardstock.  


Then I embossed a sentiment on the inside and I called it done!  :)  

All in all I think this is a very pretty card. 

I have a few more cards to share this week so stay tuned!  :)  

Have a good night!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work on your embossed ornament, Kathryn. What an elegant holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:44 AM

    Gorgeous work!!! Thanks for joining us at the simon says stamp monday challenge :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so pretty! I love the embossed effect!
    You should link this up over at LiaStampz. We have "Anything Goes" as a challenge and I am sure the DT would love to see it! Here is the link: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2014/11/challenge-77-anything-goes.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete