09 November 2014

Embossed Ornament Card

Hello!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!  

Today's card is for an entry in the 


which is to use an ornament on a card.  It's using a Hero Arts Ornament set and I was playing around with using embossing powders in different areas of the image.  I wanted the hanger of the ornament gold and the rest red, so I masked it off when embossing the red, then stamped it again and did the gold.  I like how it turned out.  


 I wanted the rest of the card to be pretty simple, so I embossed the sentiment in gold, than cut out the white using a rectangle stitched die from My Favorite things.  Then I mounted everything on the dark green cardstock.  


Then I embossed a sentiment on the inside and I called it done!  :)  

All in all I think this is a very pretty card. 

I have a few more cards to share this week so stay tuned!  :)  

Have a good night!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work on your embossed ornament, Kathryn. What an elegant holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work!!! Thanks for joining us at the simon says stamp monday challenge :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so pretty! I love the embossed effect!
    You should link this up over at LiaStampz. We have "Anything Goes" as a challenge and I am sure the DT would love to see it! Here is the link: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2014/11/challenge-77-anything-goes.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete