12 April 2015

Rainbow challenge

Hello!

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring weather!  I actually cut the grass today, something I LOVE doing!  Felt great to get outside.  

I did make some time to create, too, and this card is for a challenge over at 


LiveLoveCards is the website of one of my favorite card makers, Darlene DeVries.  I became a fan of hers through her YouTube channel, and a few months ago she introduced her new website.  I love her 2-3 times a week postings of FABULOUS cards!

So the challenge for April is to have a rainbow theme in a card.  

Challenge accepted!  :)


I recently got all the new dye inks from Ranger, and these colors are TO DIE FOR.  Great basic colors for stamping.  So I pulled out all the rainbow colors and used them on a My Favorite Things diagonal background stamp.  Took several tries and this was the best one!  LOL

The stamp itself is from Stampendous and I stamped it on my rainbow backround, then stamped it again on another paper, cut out the flowers, and pop dotted them to the other flower.  I also added a dot of enamel accents to the center of the flowers. 

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I do appreciate ALL visits!!  I'll do my best to pay you a visit back.  :)

Have a great night!  :)

8 comments:

  1. I love how you extended the rainbow from the background to the flowers! I love how the flowers look so 3d. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute rainbow flower bouquet!! So colorful and bright to welcome spring! Wonderful work, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you created an ombre rainbow!! Lovely card Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card - so bright and cheerful!
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Challenge not only accepted....challenge PERFECTED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, your flowers really pop! I love the colors. The black enamel dot in the center is the perfect touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this!!! Gorgeous and bright and bold - I love color and use it often (struggle with the pastels!) and your flower card just pops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this rainbow card! very dimensional!
    I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Thanks for your dedication to commenting on and sharing my work.

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete